[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why do I get tired in the mall but not the forest? : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why do I get tired in the mall but not the forest?

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Why do I get tired in the mall but not the forest?

Postby Scepcop » 27 Aug 2009, 05:52

Question:

How come when I walk in the Redwood forest I never get tired. It's like the energy in my legs is everflowing. But when I'm in the mall, my legs ache quickly and soon it's painful for me to walk so I have to sit down a lot?

Is it cause the trees give off oxygen that replenishes me quickly? Or is it due to some metaphysical energy or vibration from the trees?

Any idea? Any similar experiences?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Why do I get tired in the mall but not the forest?

Postby ciscop » 02 Sep 2009, 01:46

i am sure you would like a more out of the box explanation
but could it be that you feel more motivated and happy in the trees (whatever reason that is?)

i personally feel the other way
i also feel motivated walking without a route when backpacking
i love cities, museaums and buildings
i love archeology and pyramids
i love to see what humans create and what we are capable of
i just dont care that much about rivers, mountains, volcanos, forests and stuff like that.. i get bored hiking in those places
its just not my thing. :-)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 02 Sep 2009, 16:38

No that can't be it. I like going to the mall too. But it makes my feet ache quickly.

Maybe it's the cleaner air and oxygen from the trees?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Sep 2009, 02:23

NinjaPuppy

Postby Lonecat » 14 Oct 2009, 01:17

I know just how you feel, Scepcop, as I feel the same way. In shopping malls I have to start thinking about getting out again almost immediately. I think this might be because a mall is un-natural for any living creature. The air is recycled and constantly being spoiled by the breath and heat of so many people under one roof. The floor is un-interesting for the feet. We never evolved to walk on perfectly flat, hard (and often slippery) surfaces. In the forests and mountains, which are more natural, we are unconciously taking into account the different angles of the ground, the obstacles and the occasional necessary leaps and and hops over streams and rocks and this gives us muscular excercise . In addition to this the air is clear and interesting because of the subtle smells and breezes. Also the eye has much upon which it can feast, as opposed to the same old shop fronts and dazzling lights and smells that are intended to attract us but come to us in one huge, overpowering mass. I agree with what my Mother used to say how much her feet were "drawn",in a shopping mall as if she were being sucked empty of energy through her feet and legs. Whenever we went together to the shopping mall we always agreed on when it was time to get out and go and have "a nice cuppa tea" for her and a "nice pint of beer" for me. Give me the wide, open spaces any day, with all their volcanoes and rivers and waterfalls and forest aromas. :)
Lonecat

Return to Off-Topic Board