[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dan Aykroyd is a total nut!! : UFO's / Aliens / ET's - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Dan Aykroyd is a total nut!!

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Re: Dan Aykroyd is a total nut!!

Postby mr. mike » 17 Jan 2011, 14:47

Sorry I'm late but to explain: Randy Quaid (the actor) is married to a woman, Evi, who is suffering from some sort of paranoid delusion. She believes that there is a hit squad team that kills famous people and she calls them "Star Whackers"; Randy is now either sharing the delusion or playing along to keep his wife from going completely insane and they've been doing some odd things (getting arrested and running from the law, mostly.) Commenters at the A.V. Club website ( a companion site to the satirical "newspaper" The Onion) have latched on to the Star Whackers and use them as jokes in the Internet meme tradition. Finally, "whacking" in this case is used in the Mob slang sense, i.e "Whack `em, whack `em good."
mr. mike

Postby derrida » 17 Jan 2011, 15:15

derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jan 2011, 19:05

Thank you for that explanation mr. mike.
NinjaPuppy

Postby mr. mike » 18 Jan 2011, 03:00

derrida, she isn't "irrational"; the woman shows all the signs of being mentally ill. [Insert long spiel about how Evi Quaid needs help, but possibly won't get it because she is on the run.]
mr. mike

Postby Arouet » 18 Jan 2011, 03:18

This does raise the interesting question of whether some friends and family of mentally ill/delusional people fully act as enablers, almost encouraging the delusion?
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Jan 2011, 03:53

NinjaPuppy

Postby Steve Zalewski » 04 May 2013, 08:53

May 3, 2013

I agree with you. About five or six years ago, Dan Aykroyd gave a concert, in Syracuse, NY. I gave him some high quality, scholarly UFO material written by Dr. J.Allen Hynek, Dr. James E. McDonald, and Dr. Peter Sturrock of Stanford University.

Aykroyd appears to know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about UFOs. One night on the radio he was talking about George Adamski's claims as if George Adamski was chosen by aliens for being contacted, even though serious UFO researchers have dismissed Adamski's claims for over 50 years as being hoaxes.

I included, a cover letter and explained in it that "new age" UFO materials ARE NOT CREDIBLE, OR HIGH IN QUALITY. I recommended that he support the J. Allen Hynek Center For UFO Studies, and I made it very clear in my letter. I think that I also mentioned The Journal of UFO Studies, and The Journal of Scientific Exploration as good data sources.

THIS GUY NEVER REPLIED TO ME, AND HE DID NOT THANK ME FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT AND EXPENSE FOR THE DATA THAT I GAVE HIM. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT DAN, YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AT ALL. Dan is a member of MUFON, but they have so many kooks in their organization, that I have no respect for MUFON at all.

Steve Zalewski
Syracuse, NY
Steve Zalewski

Postby Misha » 04 May 2013, 15:03

Misha

Postby Arouet » 04 May 2013, 19:55

There's a pretty decent chance he didn't read it at all or even take it home...
Arouet

Postby Steve Zalewski » 04 May 2013, 20:57

May 4, 2013

Misha,

Sometimes, there are SCIENTIFIC UFO conferences that are sponsored by the Society For Scientific Exploration, The J. Allen Hynek Center For UFO Studies. MIT had a conference on the Abduction phenomenon around 1996 or 1997. I attended two lectures by Dr. David Jacobs at Cornell in April 1993.

So, they are there. Sometimes there are reputable speakers at MUFON conferences, but since MUFON is "loaded with goofballs". Just use your critical thinking skills and keep your ears and eyes open and you just may find something.

Steve Zalewski
Syracuse, NY
Steve Zalewski

Postby Misha » 04 May 2013, 21:16

Thanks, Steve. However, I got to tell you that I think I am a little further down the food chain on this. And, I mean no disparagement whatsoever to your conference suggestions or professionalism. Where in the past and presently speaking, I have focused my studies on the phenomena with those who have had experiences with off-world intelligences. No, they are not abducteees, but people who have dealt with the phenomena by interfacing through covert sanctioned means. They are of the "Black World" variety and carry the clearances which allows them to participate in what so few understand.
Misha

Previous

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's