[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Are soap and shampoo really necessary? : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Are soap and shampoo really necessary?

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Postby Scepcop » 18 Sep 2012, 17:59

That might seem like a stupid question, but believe it or not, there are a lot of people out there saying that they are cleaner, healthier and odor free after NOT using soap and shampoo for a few months. They claim that soap and shampoo take away your body's natural oils, forcing your body to work harder to replenish these oils to protect your skin, which is not natural to your body. If you stop using them for a few months, using only hot water to wash yourself, your body will adjust its oil secretions back to normal levels, leaving you cleaner, healthier and odor free. They say that you only need soap for your hands and private parts. The rest of your body doesn't really need it, and in fact it interferes with your body's oil production.

Here are testimonials from many people claiming this.

http://boingboing.net/2011/01/04/i-have ... oap-i.html

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com ... soap-.html

http://www.ethericwarriors.com/ip/viewtopic.php?p=8846

What do you think? Could they be right? Are soap and shampoo really unnecessary? Would this work for everyone?

One person even said that washing your clothes without detergent produces the same result as with detergent, and that its the agitation in the washing machine that gets the clothes clean, not the detergent.

What do you think? Are our assumptions about soap and shampoo all wrong? Have we been duped and misled by their manufacturers? Most people would probably never have the gall to try something like this though.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Are soap and shampoo really necessary?

Postby Scepcop » 18 Sep 2012, 18:53

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Sep 2012, 20:21

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 19 Sep 2012, 01:37

Thanks Ninjapuppy.

I wonder who has had the guts to stop using soap, shampoo and detergent for a while. lol. Most probably wouldn't.

I LOVE your new avatar. It's hilarious! The best avatar I've ever seen. I've never seen a puppy dressed like a ninja before. lol Where did you get it?

I ought to find some dog avatar too, so I can fit in with all of you. lol
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Sep 2012, 05:12

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Sep 2012, 05:27

I'm liking this one-
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 26 Sep 2012, 19:52

Hey that's a great avatar Ninjapuppy. How do I use it? Don't I have to resize it? Is there an easier way? How did you upload your avatar? Did you download and resize it?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 26 Sep 2012, 19:58

Ok I figured out how to do it. However, the dimensions on mine are too small that you can't even read the text. I will try increase the avatar size limitations a bit so that the text can be read.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 26 Sep 2012, 20:05

Ok done. I increased the avatar limitations to 200x300 and my new avatar to that size as well. Now the text is readable. If you all wish to increase the size of your avatar too, feel free to do so in your user profile control panel. Click the User Control Panel link at the top and then Profile and then Edit Avatar and then specify the dimensions of your avatar.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Sep 2012, 20:19

Looks good!
NinjaPuppy

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine