[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 Jan 2014, 09:35

SydneyPSIder

Re: Latoya Ammons case - 'possession', haunted house

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Jan 2014, 12:09

I hate to sound like some skeptical wet blanket on this particular case but I tend to look for logical possibilities first, then do a paranormal thing later.

As to the flies and footsteps.... Been there, done that. An animal living in the walls or residing in the hidden spaces of a home can sound exactly like footsteps. Should that animal die..... you get flies, and plenty of them.

As to the rest of the article, I don't know what to make of it. There's not enough information.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 Jan 2014, 12:49

There's certainly a lot of 'info' and personal accounts from ppl in the various stories doing the rounds -- perhaps google the name alone -- but if we take the info at face value and exclude a hoax for the moment it is quite interesting.

http://www.google.com/search?&q=latoya+ammons

There is a lot of confirmatory bias possible in the subjects -- e.g. flies and 'Lord of the Flies' and all that stuff, if you tended towards superstition. Some of it sounded like a rehash of the claimed Amityville events -- flies, levitation etc.

Footsteps and loud banging directly on the basement door -- I doubt that would be an animal -- animals tend to scratch and scurry and chew.

I personally doubt the Biblical accounts and cosmology of 'demons' etc, I do believe in malicious ghosts and poltergeists of human origin. Crucifixes and oil and salt and all the rest of it are very unlikely to work, unless the ghost had a deeply held belief in Christianity in life. I have other theories of my own about how 'exorcisms' or house cleansings might work to drive difficult spirits away.
SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 03 Feb 2014, 09:08

SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Feb 2014, 03:20

Oh, that Zak Bagans! He constantly amazes me with his dumbass life choices.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 04 Feb 2014, 07:39

This guy I think it was said one of the team he was with at one site was knocked out cold at one stage by a ghost. Serious poltergeist activity can be dangerous and life-threatening, apart from being freaked out by apparitions. They seem to like inhabiting certain aged structures, I suppose it's possible to demolish and rebuild something completely different, but I know ghosts that just like to hang around an area regardless of what is demolished and erected.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/wa ... australia/

There was an article 2 days ago on that anecdote on news.com.au (saw it in the paper) but I'm having trouble finding it online.
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Feb 2014, 23:35

NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 08 Feb 2014, 11:11

SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Feb 2014, 10:21

NinjaPuppy

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits