[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I'm a skeptic of any afterlife : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits - Page 4 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

I'm a skeptic of any afterlife

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Re: I'm a skeptic of any afterlife

Postby Randi McSheldrake » 30 Jul 2012, 04:29

"Doubt A; then doubt B. Then doubt both A and B. Then doubt your ability to doubt enough."
Robert Anton Wilson
Randi McSheldrake

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jul 2012, 05:59

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 30 Jul 2012, 23:58

Craig Browning

Postby truthleaker » 31 Jul 2012, 01:45

Randi, so what exactly happens after we die? do we go to a "waiting room" and prepare for our next reincarnation? do we turn to ghosts and roam the earth...?
truthleaker

Postby Randi McSheldrake » 31 Jul 2012, 05:50

"Doubt A; then doubt B. Then doubt both A and B. Then doubt your ability to doubt enough."
Robert Anton Wilson
Randi McSheldrake

Postby ProfWag » 31 Jul 2012, 09:31

ProfWag

Postby Randi McSheldrake » 31 Jul 2012, 23:29

Robert Anton Wilson
Randi McSheldrake

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 Jul 2012, 23:33

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 01 Aug 2012, 01:45

I won't be passing my genes off to anyone and I'm left to disappear into oblivion. I can honestly say, however, I've enjoyed life as much as I can with few regrets. I've also tried to live it right...just in case I'm wrong... :shock:
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Aug 2012, 02:18

Craig Browning

Postby Randi McSheldrake » 01 Aug 2012, 04:05

Robert Anton Wilson
Randi McSheldrake

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Aug 2012, 11:38

I found this whilst stumbling about this evening, thought it might be a fun "twist" to things :mrgreen:

A Discworld short story
By Terry Pratchett

When Death met the philosopher, the philosopher said, rather excitedly: "At this point, you realise, I'm both dead and not dead."

There was a sigh from Death. Oh dear, one of those, he thought. This is going to be about quantum again. He hated dealing with philosophers. They always tried to wriggle out of it.

"You see," said the philosopher, while Death, motionless, watched the sands of his life drain through the hourglass, "everything is made of tiny particles, which have the strange property of being in many places at one time. But things made of tiny particles tend to stay in one place at one time, which does not seem right according to quantum theory. May I continue?"

YES, BUT NOT INDEFINITELY, said Death, EVERYTHING IS TRANSIENT. He did not take his gaze away from the tumbling sand.

"Well, then, if we agreed that there are an infinite number of universes, then the problem is solved! If there are an unlimited number of universes, this bed can be in millions of them, all at the same time!"

DOES IT MOVE?

"What?

CONTINUTED

This seems a good night for stumbling over death related thingies. . . here's another to cuss & discuss. . .
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 01 Aug 2012, 19:31

ProfWag

Postby Randi McSheldrake » 01 Aug 2012, 21:31

Robert Anton Wilson
Randi McSheldrake

Postby zxzzzz » 11 Aug 2012, 16:42

Proof" of an after life, it could be argued, is a matter of one's own perspective. While 90% of the world (it seems, at times) take such things on faith alone, there's likewise a huge percentage that believe that one must earn that "next life". While that sounds like reincarnation thinking it's not completely; moving into a new existence or state of being, including such things as Heaven (or hell) are akin to the famed caterpillar metamorphosis; on one level we have ceased existing and yet, we return in a newer "higher" form.
zxzzzz

PreviousNext

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits