[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Is this "reverse funneling system" hype an MLM in disguise? : Scam Alerts and Warnings • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is this "reverse funneling system" hype an MLM in disguise?

Expose scams and scammers here. Caution: Use with good reason. See rules inside.
Forum rules
Caution: Use this area with good reason. If you are naming people or companies, make sure that they truly cheated or wronged you or others and have no defense. No gray areas. Moderators reserve the right to remove posts that do not comply with the above. Note that the accused are allowed to post their side of the story here, and if they can demonstrate that they are innocent or that a gray area exists, moderators may remove their name from threads at their discretion.

Is this "reverse funneling system" hype an MLM in disguise?

Postby Scepcop » 13 Aug 2009, 02:11

What is all this "Reverse Funneling System" about that's hyped up so much on the internet? Is it just MLM in disguise?

http://www.google.com.ph/search?hl=en&q ... =&aq=f&oq=

Apparently, almost all the reviews are from people in on it trying to pitch you into it. It's hard to find an unbiased review of it. I did find one here though:

http://revver.com/video/900336/reverse- ... al-review/

I hate it when all these hyped online income opportunities give you hours and hours of hype and soundbytes with no real details until you sign up. That's so stupid and an insult to my intelligence.

This girl is making a ton of money from online MLM's and the Reverse Funneling System though, but is it because the system works or because she looks like a 10 and has great charisma and presentation skills? Go figure.

http://www.katiefreiling.com

Anyone here ever been part of an MLM before?

I wrote an article debunking MLM once, which you can see here: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/MLM.htm
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Is this "reverse funneling system" hype an MLM in disguise?

Postby Scepcop » 13 Aug 2009, 03:35

Here's a Dateline NBC undercover investigation revealing Quixtar (Amway repackaged) as a scam.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 13 Aug 2009, 04:19

Finally, I've found a real review that exposes reverse funnel system for what it is.

http://www.ivetriedthat.com/2008/05/15/ ... t-and-far/

It turns out to be just another MLM repackaged where you are really selling the business opportunity to others, not the product. Except the fees are outrageous. You pay $50 for the application fee, then $3000 to really get into the program, then $300 each month in membership fees. Who has that much money to throw away? Yet they never tell you that upfront.

Every MLM scheme has two things in common:

1. They deny being an MLM or pyramid scheme.
2. They hype you up with sound bytes for as long as possible, preying on your emotions, and never giving you any REAL details about the system, until you're in and committed to hand over your money to them already.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 13 Aug 2009, 22:42

its like the vast majority of online "opportunities " - the sensible - know that the only ones who make money are the originators - and the gullible and greedy ( desperate ?? ) fall for the hype

rule ONE of the world - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH

rule TWO , IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - IT IS !!

rule three , THE GREEDY ,GULLIBLE , AND STUPID ARE SOON PARTED FROM THIER MONEY

rule four , THERE IS ALWAYS A SHYSTER WILLING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ABOVE

simples eh ??
brett

Postby Scepcop » 14 Aug 2009, 17:47

Those are good rules of thumb Brett, and often true when taken together. I like how real and down to earth you are yet remain open to the paranormal.

What I don't get though, is why such an obvious scam and deception is legal in the US. I mean, anyone can see that these MLM companies are using loopholes, such as declaring a real product as their official product, while their main focus is really on selling the same business opportunity to others. So why are they allowed to exist?

BTW, there are some exceptions to the rules. Sometimes something too good to be true actually is. (I've experienced it) And you can get a free lunch when someone treats you or if you grow your own vegetables or pick them from a garden to cook with :)

But the MLM is an obvious pyramid scheme that always follows the same system and practice, yet constantly disguises itself in new forms, and always denying that they are an MLM. It's pathetic.

One time I went to some meetings for Market America, another MLM that called itself "the binomial system of linear management" (whatever). At their meetings, they would constantly bash Amway and try to distinguish themselves from them. But when it came down to see what they do, it turned out they were doing EXACT SAME THING as Amway - requiring you to pay for expensive seminars, pep rallies, recruit people to be your downline, etc. The atmosphere of the meetings and pep rallies was very cult-like, with people railing and cheering unnaturally for no valid reason.

So they always SAY they are different, but in the end, they always DO the same thing! WTF?!
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 14 Aug 2009, 18:19

thanks - yep i try to remain down to earth - but a lot of people misunderstand where i am coming from a lot of the time - ah well - :D

as to MLM scams - the problem as i see it is purely one of greed - the "something for nothing " culture that has grown up around easy credit and what i describe as "clean hands jobs " ( vis no one wants to do manual /artisan work these days ) - and of course if they THINK they can get rich ( quick ) via the Internet then as i have observed the gullible will fall for it , whats the latest ?? , oh yea make a fortune out of "twitter " - again no physical "product " as such just a "scheme" , i have had lots of emails offering to make me rich ,BUT as i an (a) too long in the tooth to fall for these schemes , and (b) not driven by materialistic motives , they just get THE "block sender and DELETE " treatment

of course here in the UK we have "trading standards " which stop a lot of MLM schemes operating in this country , but of course don't really cover Internet transactions , much like the "you have won a prize " junk mail scams , I personally am amazed how people ever get fooled by this rubbish ?? and then moan when they get stung

maybe i should have added a rule 5 ?? "there's a sucker born every minuit " i don't think many can accuse me of being sKeptical - but CYNICAL , oh yea i have a degree in that :lol: :lol:
brett

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 18:00

Hey Brett,
Did you watch the Dateline NBC report I embedded above? It's really freaky when it shows the pep rallies of Quixtar and how cult-like their atmosphere is. It's like something out of a sci-fi movie. You gotta see it. It's only 20 minutes. Scroll up to watch it.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 04:09

brett

Return to Scam Alerts and Warnings