[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Time, Eternity, The Now, Infinite Consciousness : Philosophy / Psychology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Time, Eternity, The Now, Infinite Consciousness

Discuss Philosophical or Psychological subjects and topics.

Time, Eternity, The Now, Infinite Consciousness

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2010, 01:14

Delving into the nature of time sheds some light on our inability to account for the origin of the universe. What is time? Are we being propelled through it, or are we standing still while it flows through us? How would "God" experience time? Is eternity an endless stretch of time, or a single moment of infinite awareness?

When you understand that eternity is a single moment of infinite awareness, what light does this shed on the question "Where do we go when we die?" Heaven? Reincarnation? Or are those concepts misdirecting us from a more profound truth?

Which of these is true: (1) I have no soul; (2) I have a soul; (3) I am a soul? You might be surprised at what you can learn about your inner self purely by logical deduction, without reference to any religious dogma.

I examine what "consciousness" is and how does it differs from "mind", and I share some penetrating insights that have caused me to redefine how I view myself.

Beginning with a brief discussion on "intuition," I examine the perspective that we are all one consciousness and the universe is like a big consciousness computer. What we call "physical reality" is like a frequency that consciousness is tuned to, and behind all of our individual minds is one massive singularity that encompasses all.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Time, Eternity, The Now, Infinite Consciousness

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2010, 01:19

Memory, death & the hunger for significance

Musings on "memory," providing insights on our hunger for significance, fear of death, and desire to perpetuate our ego into forever.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Philosophy / Psychology