[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Vinstonas Interview with David James, Dec 9, 9pm EST : Announcements • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Vinstonas Interview with David James, Dec 9, 9pm EST

Announcements and site updates.

Vinstonas Interview with David James, Dec 9, 9pm EST

Postby Scepcop » 09 Nov 2009, 17:05

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Radio Appearances by Vinstonas about SCEPCOP

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Nov 2009, 19:00

Nice!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 09 Nov 2009, 19:52

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Nov 2009, 01:29

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 14 Nov 2009, 02:47

Thanks for asking ProfWag.

Well I accepted the December 9 date with the "Psychic Wisdom with David James Radio Hour". So the set time and date for that is:

December 9 at 9pm EST

The link to listen to that show should be this one:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thespiritweaver

There should be a link there to listen live. That's how those things usually work.

If I'm wrong, I'll let you know.

As to the "Sounds Reasonable" show at WHRW 90.5 fm in Binghamton, New York, that may come in short notice, but it's still being arranged.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Vinstonas Interview with David James, Dec 9, 9pm EST

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Dec 2009, 20:06

Winston- Is the interview still set for tonight?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 09 Dec 2009, 22:29

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 11:05

Well that was fun.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 10 Dec 2009, 11:38

Well I just completed the interview. It will be archived on there soon. When it does I'll let you know.

I was able to get most of my main points across, although in a bit scattered sort of way.

All the people who called in though, wanted to get psychic readings, not talk about SCEPCOP or skeptics. lol. I was kind of wondering if some of you might call in. lol
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 11:44

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 11 Dec 2009, 09:56

Here is the link to listen directly via audio stream:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thespiritw ... avid-james

I've also created a new page to host all the interview links and archives at:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/interviews.php
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 12 Dec 2009, 23:50

I listened to the radio show!!! Below are the notes I took. Quotations are from Scepcop unless otherwise noted. Also, please note that they may not be word for word as I was typing as I was listening, but if I don’t have the general statement correct, please let me know so I can correct. My rebuttal, if any, will be after the quote.

“Pharmaceuticals have killed many more people that alternative medicine.” Curious, how many more people have been helped by alternative medicine than pharmaceuticals?

Was that a dog barking in the background?

“Skeptics don’t criticize the war in Iraq.” How do you know they don’t? Even if they don’t, what does that have to do with pseudo-skeptics and the paranormal? Is it because they don’t believe in your conspiracy theories? What do conspiracy theories have to do with the war in Iraq? I challenge you to show me anyone who agrees with everything the government says and does. Not a valid statement on Winston’s part I don’t believe.

“Skeptics suspend judgment, but these people do nothing of the sort.” Are you saying we should all believe in the paranormal regardless of the questionable experiments and experiments that can’t be replicated as well as lack of solid proof put forth by those who support it? Should we all just sit around and say “I don’t know?”

“Skeptics are very judgmental and don’t even believe the paranormal is possible.” Wrong, Scepcop. You name Sherman, Randi, etc. as pseudo-skeptics. Please show me where they have said that the paranormal is impossible. I’ll be waiting for this reply.

“Rejects data that doesn’t fit.” No, they reject data that can’t be replicated or was obtained through invalid experimentation.

“Skeptics are very anti-paranormal.” Yes, many of us are. Primarily because people gt hurt both financially and emotionally.

“Skeptics will never be critical of the government no matter how many people are killed.” See my above statement on the war in Iraq.

“ESP and telepathy is pretty much a proven phenomenon.” Really? What data do you have to support this? I’ll be waiting for this response as well.

“Radin, Sheldrake, and Schwartz say skeptics are not interested in evidence.” Wrong again. They are, they just want to see solid evidence and not evidence that can’t be replicated.

“Radin says that a lot of scientists, possibly even the majority of them, believe in ESP.” Really? How does he know that? Using the word “possibly” implies that he doesn’t know for sure and that he’s either guessing or has wishful thinking.

“Few colleges support parapsychology departments. Schwartz is one of about 5.” Gee, wonder if there is a reason most colleges don’t support it?

“Several studies show the more educated you are, the more you believe in the paranormal and pseudoskeptcs haven’t been able to explain this away because they want to believe the opposite.” To put it simply, wrong again! Feel free to review this to find a listing of several studies that conflict with each other. Results, there appears to be no correlation, but nice try.
Matthew D Smith, Christa L Foster, Gordon Stovin. The Journal of Parapsychology. Durham: Mar 1998. Vol. 62, Iss. 1; pg. 65, 12 pgs

“Skeptics are afraid of the unknown and don’t ask questions of an exploratory nature.” Matter of opinion. I’m not afraid of the unknown at all,

“Both sides use ad hominine attacks and ridicule and discredit and I try to stay away from that. Instead, I stick with the evidence, the logic, and the common sense and the science and everything.” First statement I’ll agree with. The second statement I don’t agree with at all.

“Established the scientific community, I mean the scientific committee to evaluate the paranormal. Try to be more serious, professional, and more level-headed.” Should I go back and show you some of the comments you have made about me? Many of your posts, especially in the conspiracy threads are about as professional as, well, perhaps I shouldn’t say it since it would be “unprofessional.” Do you know if your own website is about a scientific community or a scientific committee?

“Shermer and Randi never say “maybe I’m wrong” and are much more opinionated in their stances.” If I had the time, I’m sure I can find both of them saying that perhaps they are wrong. Yes, they are opinionated in their stances. Aren’t you? After all, you wrote a treatise and started this web site because you have an opinion you want to share.

“We have a caller from area code 347. Do you have a question for tonight’s guest?” Caller: “Uhh, no, not really.” (Sorry, had to throw that in there as it tickled me. In the end, none of the callers wanted to ask Winston a question)

Some rambling about feeling whole on the inside. Couldn’t keep up with what he was trying to say so perhaps you could clarify here about what you were talking about feeling “whole” inside.

“When you want to know the truth, you should research both sides.” Yes, you should. Do you?

David: “The website is a breath of fresh air.” And a wealth of viruses.

Winston: “I am very articulate.” Listen to the interview and decide for yourself.

Winston to David: “You do a good job on your readings.”

David: (Paraphrased): “We do a lot of counseling” Winston: “I applaud that.” Speaks for itself.

David: “What’s your personal view of psychics?” Winston: “I believe that there is some real phenomenon going on with certain psychic abilities like ESP and clairvoyance…and I have had some experiences but it doesn’t seem to be very controllable.” Okay, that’s a valid opinion.
ProfWag

Return to Announcements