[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Skeptics, Galileo and Newton were NOT one of you, so stop it : Science / Alternative Science / Suppressed Research - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Skeptics, Galileo and Newton were NOT one of you, so stop it

Discuss Science, Alternative Science and Suppressed Research.

Re: Skeptics, Galileo and Newton were NOT one of you, so sto

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Aug 2011, 02:17

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 01 Aug 2011, 20:47

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Aug 2011, 00:10

Stereotyping, eh?

An who isn't guilty of rolling their eyes the instant they hear someone claim to be a Psychic or to have encountered Ghosts, etc.? Hell, I'm someone that has a belief in such things and still roll my eyes in that 99% of those making such claims are 1,000 miles off base when it comes to anything that comes close to being "legit" -- that is to say, they've not walked through the qualifiers that negate plausible real world explanations around said encounters or perspectives. Even such check-lists are unfortunately fickle however, in that some seek to vivisect quarks when it comes to avoiding the possibility that such things may in fact, prove real.

Religious Faith has been given a safe-guard by the skeptics community which I find to be strange as all get out, given how often that same element attacks the viability of Prayer, as an example, when it comes to healing or guarding those in danger, etc. The skeptic's community have ripped the various tales of the bible asunder, painting them as being nothing but nomadic tales that echo far older but similar ideas that were simply personalized based on orator traditions. They have deliberately painted every single "miracle" in the Bible (primarily) as being a non-miracle including the most important miracle of them all, the one that defines what being a Christian is -- undeniable belief in the Resurrection not to mention the Day of Judgment. . . . depending on the particular type of Christian one may be these two main factors could include purest belief in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit which mirror most of the common Psychic abilities skeptics seek to discredit most. There is likewise the issue of the Rapture, the Anti-Christ's reign, and of course the actual age of the earth and everything being created as it is right now, at the snap of God's finger over a 6 day period of time.

Where's the skeptic that denies these things and can still call themselves a "Christian"? You can't be both! One perspective instantly negates the requirements of the other, it's that simple.

Yes, the majority of skeptics and pioneers into Parapsychology and its related departments were very much people of faith and more so, persons that sought confirmation of faith. The less they found in way of confirmation and the more carnal explanation that seemed to be extant, the more they found themselves loosing faith; especially as they found similar modes of corruption and duplicity within church history and its theology.

I am very much a man of faith but I can no sooner claim to be a "Christian' as such is defined in today's view, than I can be seen a "Satanist". As I've said numerous times, I am 93% skeptic and 7% believer -- I cannot close the doors on the power of faith, the reality of the miraculous, and the fact that I've been blessed in life as a witness to and of so many miracles -- a witness to phenomena & manifestations that will not allow me to let go of that last little bit of belief I've known for so long. Just maybe there are people of faith that are quite similar to me in this way, but I find it quite difficult to believe that they are devout Christians, Muslim or whatever other sect because of how so much of skepticism attacks and explains away said ideas. . . the majority of skeptics being quite militantly opposed to Christianity in particular due to personal psychological/emotional bitterness. . . but I'll not stroll down that aisle presently.

We cannot have it both ways folks. . . that is, if you aren't willing to consider what I've been saying all along; a mid-point between belief and the analytical isn't just plausible, it must exist. It's the very same "gospel" if you would, that's been taught for at least 3,000 years of human history and yet, we still haven't grasped the most elementary key to said wisdom -- to treat others as we would wish to be treated. . . go figure :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 02 Aug 2011, 01:45

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2011, 03:57

So Craig I'm guessing you didn't google Pamela Gay.
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Aug 2011, 01:40

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2011, 02:31

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 03 Aug 2011, 17:48

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2011, 22:06