[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Great Horror Film Classics : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Great Horror Film Classics

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Great Horror Film Classics

Postby jamesbond » 22 Oct 2009, 16:01

I like a lot of the older horror movies, even though they aren't really scary. The Hammer films made in England back in the 50's, 60's and 70's were awesome! I loved Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Vincent Price! Roger Corman directed a lot of movies with Vincent Price in the 1960's. Some of my favorite Vincent Price films are; The House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendeluem, House of Wax, The Haunted Palace, Tales of Terror, Twice Told Tales, House on Haunted Hill and The Raven.

My favorite movies with Peter Cushing were; Frankenstein must be destroyed, Horror of Dracula, The brides of Dracula, The revenge of Frankenstein, The Mummy and Night creatures. The movies I loved with Christopher Lee were; Dracula has risen from the grave, Horror of Dracula, The curse of Frankenstien, Dracula prince of darkness, The man who could cheat death and Dracula AD 1972.

I loved the music in those movies, the sets, the storyline and the acting wasn't bad either. I have just about every movie the Hammer film studio made and almost all the movies directed by Roger Corman that had VIncent Price in them.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy SOME of horror movies from the 70's 80's 90's and present day like the original Halloween I and II, the original FOG, Hell Night, The Entity, A Nightmare on elm street, Jeepers Creepers I and II, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre,the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the remake of Dawn of the Dead the remake of My Bloody Valentine, and Invasion of the Body Snathcers both the original and the remake.

I also loved the old Universal horror movies like Frankenstien, Dracula, the Mummy and the Wolfman. I just saw Unrest and Midnight Meat Train on cable tv. Those movies were very good and scary! I can't wait to see "Paranormal activity" that movie looks awesome!
jamesbond

Re: Good old fashsion horror movies!

Postby ProfWag » 22 Oct 2009, 19:09

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Oct 2009, 19:50

ProfWag - Believe it or not, Mr. Bond has been around as a member longer than most of us here. He's obviously the quiet type and has finally found his nitch. Who doesn't enjoy a good horror flick every now and then? They were my passion in my younger years. Vincent Price was my favorite guy and the movie, "The Picture of Dorian Grey" was one of my favorites.

Nowadays, horror films have been reduced to slasher or blood and guts. I am personally looking forward to the movie, "Men Who Stare At Goats"
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 22 Oct 2009, 21:14

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Oct 2009, 21:46

I have seen a few of the shows but since I usually don't have a TV on in the house, I catch it by accident. I don't seem to have a grasp of the actual idea behind the show. I know his wife and daughter? were killed by some guy and that was the reason he got into this investigation thing? What I really don't understand is exactly what a mentalist is or does. I know ciscop has said he's a mentalist by trade or interest but I didn't know if asking him to explain what that was would be appropriate.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 22 Oct 2009, 22:21

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Oct 2009, 23:37

Ahhhh, thank you. That explains it.
NinjaPuppy

Re: Good old fashion horror movies!

Postby deepunirwan » 01 Mar 2011, 17:31

The movies I loved with Christopher Lee were; Dracula has risen from the grave, Horror of Dracula, The curse of Frankenstien, Dracula prince of darkness, Who doesn't enjoy a good horror flick every now and then? They were my passion in my younger years. Vincent Price was my favorite guy and the movie, Something he did pissed off a serial killer (Red John) who killed his family. He gave up doing his shows, proclaimed he did tricks all along, and is now out to find the killer.
[Links removed by Moderator]
deepunirwan

Re: Good old fashioned horror movies!

Postby Scepcop » 07 Mar 2011, 22:07

These movies with Christopher Lee mentioned are on YouTube now. I've seen many of them already. Jamesbond and I posted the links to watch many of them in this thread on my other forum. Check it out. We both recommended a ton of good horror classics.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8697
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Jul 2011, 00:59

My three biggest heroes as a child were Peter Lorri, Vincent Price and Boris Karloff with both Lon Chaney's moving in as I became more vested on the effects side of things (the Chaney's were brilliant, can't help but wonder what they'd come up with in today's world).

I can't put a finger on any one film other than maybe "the Raven" (can you name the other big time "monster" actor in that movie? Hint: he was only about 20 years old in the film).

Never been a big Christopher Lee fan for some reason. In those days the only real vampire on the screen was Barnabas Collins (Jonathon Frid) and as we moved into the late 70's Frank Langella has to go down for the best, most uncanny "Love Scene" and road of seduction of any Dracula character. (check out for a list of all actors that have played said role)

Aside from the Chaney's (obviously) the best Wolfman/Wearwolf examples have to include Jack Nicholson in WOLF and of course Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins in the 2010 remake. I don't mean that as to take away from American Werewolf in London which was groundbreaking in its own right (as was the Howling), only that the Nicholson and Del Toro films retained the more "romantic" edge around the horror that the older films gave to us.
Craig Browning

Postby JO 753 » 02 Jul 2011, 14:52

I grew up watching those old horror moviez.

Channel 9, WGN in Chicago started a show called Creature Featurez in the early 70z that came on at 10:30 pm. Werewolf, Dracula, Frankenstien. They had a cool opening with scenez frum thoze moviez, The Phantom uv the Rue Morgue playing and a spooky voice over introducing the movie.

Had a big effect on my life. Staying up late to watch the show disconnected me frum the normal circadian schedule. Az a rezult, I alwayz had a bad attendance record at skool and work.

I dont rememebr much about thoze moviez. I like the newer horror moviez like The 2003 Dawn uv the Dead.
IF PEPL TuK KeR UV XeR TiM aZ DILIJeNTLE aZ XA TuK KeR UV XeR MUNE, XA WuDNT SPeND SO MUC TiM TAKING KeR UV XeR MUNE.
JO 753

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Jul 2011, 22:00

WGN?

You're in Chicago?

How long have you lived there?

Ever watch Bozo's Circus in the early and mid 70's?

Remember Wizo's nephew "Bambini"? :roll:
Craig Browning

Postby JO 753 » 02 Jul 2011, 23:53

I watched Bozo occasionally. Dont remember Bambini.

I wuz in the audience once! My 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Blake, got tickets for the class every year. One uv my classmates did the Grand Prize Game, missed bucket #2 and cried. He never lived that down!
IF PEPL TuK KeR UV XeR TiM aZ DILIJeNTLE aZ XA TuK KeR UV XeR MUNE, XA WuDNT SPeND SO MUC TiM TAKING KeR UV XeR MUNE.
JO 753

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Jul 2011, 22:00

:lol: I was Bambini the Genii, that's why I ask. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Jul 2011, 22:11

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Off-Topic Board