[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
A New Record : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

A New Record

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

A New Record

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Aug 2009, 00:37

Did somebody throw a party and not tell me? Since joining this forum the highest number of members/guests was dated something like July 27 (sorry, bad memory) and today I find this down the bottom of the forum home page.

Most users ever online was 66 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am

NinjaPuppy

Re: A New Record

Postby brett » 15 Aug 2009, 01:22

i must have missed it too :? :roll:
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Aug 2009, 02:16

Considering that the volume of posts here has been low, I find it strange. I guess something sparked some lurker interest.
NinjaPuppy

Postby The Warrigal » 15 Aug 2009, 14:14

I also missed the "party."

I note that a surprisingly large number of registered members at SCEPCOP have yet to make an introductory post, but I assume that they do lurk.

I would anticipate that a Forum as off-beat as this one would attract a fair ammount of interest so maybe it's just a sign that word is getting around about SCEPCOP and that more people are perusing the site out of curiosity.

If so, it's probably cause for optimism since one hopes that at least a few lurkers wether sceptics, in-betweeners or believers will join in and contribute.
The Warrigal

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2009, 18:14

Wow 66? That breaks the previous record of 41 users online at the same time here.

Sometimes I post links to this site on high traffic blogs and website, to try to get more traffic and hits, and raise the search engine rankings for this. So that might be it, people following a link I posted. Or someone else might have mentioned it on a high traffic site and so people came to look.

I've never understood why some people register here but never post. It seems illogical. But every forum as those.

Maybe they just want to feel "part of it". lol

This forum has grown a lot since last month, when The Professor came in and all that flame war started on the JREF board here. That board I guess, is the flame war board now, and has the most posts, topping over a thousand already. lol
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2009, 02:58

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 16 Aug 2009, 04:37

Ninjapuppy,
Well I think the JREF flame wars are only entertaining for a while. But soon you realize that there's nothing but negative energy attached to it, and it's focus is all on the ego. Very non-spiritual in my opinion, and not good for the soul.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2009, 05:38

NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 16 Aug 2009, 16:03

brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Jan 2010, 22:50

An update on the old record:

Most users ever online was 68 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 pm

Imagine that!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 20 Jan 2010, 05:46

yep
thats thanks to me
i hosted my Skeptic´s Cookie Party here

(the cookies were Pigs with wings.. they tasted a little funny if i might add)

:lol: :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Jan 2010, 11:02

Did you bring enough cookies for everyone???
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 20 Jan 2010, 15:09

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 13 Jun 2014, 10:44

Hey we have a new record now. Whoa. How did this happen?

Most users ever online was 349 on Mon May 05, 2014 2:03 pm
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jun 2014, 05:26

NinjaPuppy

Return to Off-Topic Board