[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Whats worst for a magician? exposure or a bad performer : Off-Topic Board - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Whats worst for a magician? exposure or a bad performer

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Re: Whats worst for a magician? exposure or a bad performer

Postby ciscop » 29 May 2010, 02:22

are you reading what i am saying ?
i am not EXPOSING their secrets
i do not support the masked magician

why would i expose kevin james floating rose? that´s an awesome illusion i perform
(without the ball dancing alone, i havent master it the way copperfield does)
even thought i didnt perform it.. why would i go around telling the inner workings? why would i expose the snow animator?
kevin james will only have a problem with me if he went around saying he is a psychic
do you get it???

oh and by the way.
Penn and teller tell the secrets of some major illusions dummy, derren brown talks about cold reading also wiseman also randi, i hardly think they are comedians althought i do find amusing when randi exposes tricks of the psychics.
houdini also exposed the secrets of mediums, was he a comedian?... Ben Harris exposed the tricks of Uri, is he a Comedian?
get it right rabbitpuller. :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby mmreed » 29 May 2010, 03:04

mmreed

Postby ciscop » 29 May 2010, 03:19

lets see...
i posted that illusion at first
to discuss what was worst a bad performer or a magician exposing secrets
i was indeed tired of hearing craig and koenig talking crap about magicians that expose secrets of the trade
that was it, the interesting part is that it turned out to be craig browning illusion

then i started posting it several times
but only after the fact that craig called me an asswipe and threaten to sue me
both of which i think are way more hostile than to post a youtube video
i will back off when he accepts he was out of line

by the way is kind of interesting
how you got here? 1st thing you posted was on this thread?
and you happened to be a magician?... what an amazing coincidence!
serendipity!
or more likely did craig told on me?
which means i got under his skin.. hahaha :lol:
ooooh i do think i am wining in my own terms :lol:

i also think you are quite dumb since you think a guy that doesnt care about the secrets is a comedian
didnt penn and teller showed the world the thumbtip on one of their specials? didnt they showed how they dissapeared the submarine?.. oh yeah.. but since they didnt care about telling everybody .. then they are comedians, not magicians
what a stupid statement

i do not disrespect the art
i do not post videos teaching nor do i share my magic library
i do disrespect people that disrespect me and psychics, thats it

who you are and why are you here?
do you also take money out of old widows?
i almost forgot.. where are my manners?
welcome to the forum, alexander... the man who knows
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby mmreed » 29 May 2010, 03:43

AGAIN, please stop blowing smoke and trying to deflect.

you said

"then i started posting it several times
but only after the fact that craig called me an asswipe and threaten to sue me"

So your combative debate back to craig is to post exposure videos???

What about the folks that purchased this illusion that have NOTHING to do with you... do you think this is fair to them?
This illusion is a tool that some use to make a living, and here you are tossing it out there like its a piece of meat in your dog fight with Craig.

Is that fair to those that use this effect? Hell no.

This goes back to my statement that you are disrespectful to the art and by continually defending your ploys, show just how much of a bottomfeeder you are.

As for your comment about the comedians, you certainly did not comprehend the jesting point.

With the way you relate to folks, your expressions, written mannerisms, ect... I have to ask... how old are you? and tell us a bit about yourself... I get the impression you are a young kid that still thinks the world owes him something.. or some dysfunctional middle-aged person that is still sore that Betty Sue didn't go with you to the prom...

As for me, Im a 39 year old professional performer, magic shop owner, grindshow performer, author, ex-military, infotech consultant that does not steal money from little old ladies. I prefer to steal my money by busking - but hey... sometimes little old ladies toss a $20 in the hat...

So - since your fragile ego seems to always need the last word, get our your thesaurus and put together some intelligent dialogue for once...

$20 says you have to post a reply!! ;-)
mmreed

Postby ciscop » 29 May 2010, 03:51

you do busking? thats pretty sweet!
i never had the balls to do that, i met a magician girl that made *she said so
over 100dollars for 1 hr of performing on the street.. with pretty much things youll buy at ellusionist.. but she was cute so i dont think people care about the tricks

i am a 28 year old psychologist-hypnotherapyst
i own a graphic design center (which is sweet since i get to create a lot of the gimmicks for myself)
and a cybercoffee (without the coffe, just computers
and i am a part time magician and manager of a group of clowns, mimes and magicians. ;)
:D
ciscop

Postby mmreed » 29 May 2010, 04:06

mmreed

Postby ciscop » 29 May 2010, 04:17

ciscop

Postby mmreed » 29 May 2010, 04:26

mmreed

Postby ciscop » 29 May 2010, 04:36

cool
i own cellini´s dvds
he does knows how to work the crowd
and my favorite TOD would be David Regal.

and yeah.. you are right, there´s way too many people doing gazzo stuff
but his cups and balls is one of my favorite routines i do not perform.

in other topics.. is gotta be great owning a magic store
that means you do get to know what´s the stuff right?.. my garage is full of expensive worthless toys i used once and then realized it wasnt for me. looked great on the promo and then opened up the box.. and... the trick was on me..
have you ever got a device and then said to the inventor.. dude.. this thing sucks, i cant sell it?
ciscop

Postby graham77 » 07 Dec 2012, 19:19

A magician should have high character. He must show character even in very small party. It is all about variety and depth in performance. So, I guess exposure eventually follows performance.
Last edited by NinjaPuppy on 08 Dec 2012, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam signature
graham77

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Board