[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Post your ideas and suggestions here : Suggestions / Feedback - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Post your ideas and suggestions here

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Sep 2009, 04:15

SCEPCOP - Is there anything that can be done about those talking ads at the bottom of the forum pages? They are making me crazy and one of the non-talking ads keeps hijacking my screen and kicking me off the forum.
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 03 Oct 2009, 00:43

how about a forum for EVP/ITC ?? - I'm sure there are others interested in that aspect of afterlife research ;) - what say the rest of you ??
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Oct 2009, 01:19

NinjaPuppy

Postby quantumparanormal » 03 Oct 2009, 02:18

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Oct 2009, 02:52

Would it be appropriate to start a topic under:
Survival Science / Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits
Discussions about Afterlife Research, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediums, Consciousness Research, etc.

Since 'Spirit Communication' would fit this sort of topic?
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 03 Oct 2009, 15:27

brett

Postby jakesteele » 28 Oct 2009, 03:45

I was inspired by reading on JREF about their Flying Pigasus and Stundie awards and I thought it would be a great to create our own to award to the most outrageous and scandalous attempts to use what I call Ocaam's Hammer - the simplest solution is not usually the best, it is always the best…no matter what." What I mean by that is this, a vid of Joe Nickell attempting to debunk human levitation on a History Channel special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwvEPeGPxeU

Go to 1:10 and watch Shameless Joe Nickell employ what I call an "Implausible Plausible -

1. Trying to make something fit where it doesn’t fit. Every explanation MUST be a plausible and mundane one, even when it doesn’t fit.
2. It is better to be mundane and wrong than to be complex and right.
(See Ocamm’s Beard – the simplest solution isn’t always the right one)
3. Trying to fit a size 9 foot into a size 6 shoe.

I think it would be fun and it would give them their just comeuppance, hoist them by their own petards, as it were. I think we should think of some names like: The Bundy Award (as in Al Bundy), The Cyclops Award (get it, one eye = tunnel vision).
Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby ProfWag » 05 Nov 2009, 03:26

I seem to recall seeing this somewhere, but can't find it now. I'd like to suggest a semi-permanent ban (say a month to 3 months) for people with 3 temporary bans, then after the 4th ban, it should be for life.
ProfWag

Postby stundie » 04 Jan 2010, 00:41

There is no such things as magic, just magicians and fools.
stundie

Wrong link

Postby linda lta » 22 Jul 2012, 23:20

I think there is a wrong link to a site on the committee page
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/committee.php

Bart Van Sichem De Combe

Dutch Translator for books of renowned telepathy scientist Dr. Rupert Sheldrake
Seminar organizer for Dr. Sheldrake
Masters in Communicaton and Translation Sciences
Ruby Rose Line Holistic Health Store

The link on Ruby Rose Holistic Health Store goes to this site, which is a Dutch site for domain registration: http://www.rubyroseline.com/index-en.html

I think it should go to another site, maybe this one (Dutch text): http://spirituelestartpagina-be.publiho ... lezing.pdf
linda lta

Re: Wrong link

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Jul 2012, 07:09

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Sep 2012, 20:08

Winston - Can you please check out your contextweb ad program? It's has really slowed down the page loading on this site.
NinjaPuppy

Previous

Return to Suggestions / Feedback