[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Extending the number of posts visible in a thread : Suggestions / Feedback - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Extending the number of posts visible in a thread

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Extending the number of posts visible in a thread

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Mar 2011, 22:52

Yes thank you, I can access the 'Admin Panel'. I see that we are due for an update. If it's ok with you, I prefer not playing around in there unless I know exactly what I'm doing. The basics are simple so no problem there, and I see no reason to recreate the wheel without a reason. Everything looks okey dokey to me.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 06 Mar 2011, 00:50

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 06 Mar 2011, 01:26

Rigid? I've been running a parapsychological experiment in this very forum! I'd thought you'd be iimpressed for a "pseudoskeptic"! :mrgreen:
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 06 Mar 2011, 01:40

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 06 Mar 2011, 02:01

Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 31 Mar 2011, 22:10

Hi Arouet,
Sorry for the delay. I just installed the mod you linked me to. Fortunately it was quick and easy.

You should now be able to set the number of posts per page within a topic by going to your User Control Panel and selecting the Edit Profile tab. You will see the appropriate field, which is set at 15 by default. I set it so that you can choose between 10 and 100 posts per page. The mod also featured a field where you can set the number of topic threads per page within a board category, so I enabled that too. The default value is 50. You can set it between 10 and 100 per page.

Try it out and let me know if it works ok. Go to User Control Panel and Edit your Profile in the Profile tab.

For now, I will leave the default value to 15 posts per page within a thread and 50 topics per page within a board category. So those who don't set any preferences will have those values by default.

I hope that helps your viewing experience.

Regards,
Winston
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2011, 01:04

Awesome! I did it and it worked!

Some minor suggestions though:

1) you may want to place this option in the Edit Display Options under Board Preferences rather than the Edit Profile section, will be easier for members to find since that's the section dealing with that

2) you might want to set it where there is a drop down of different options: Ie: 15, 50, 75, 100, or have a note saying they can choose up to 100 since its not clear.

Anyhow, much better now! Thanks!
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 06 Apr 2011, 02:29

Scepcop
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions / Feedback