[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why no CREATIONISM forum? : Suggestions / Feedback • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Edx » 04 Jul 2010, 03:51

You seem to support every other paranormal alternative science/medicine claims out there, so why not Creationism? OR is that too much for you?
Edx

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Jul 2010, 23:12

So why does it matter? Don't this idea fit one of the other formats?

If you are a "Creationist" (a.k.a. Bible Thumper) I have question for you... are few actually...

1.) Which Creation Story Are We to Look At? There's dozens, two different ones in the bible itself.

2.) Given the idea that you are a BAC (pardon if I'm wrong here) but why do your kind fight so hard to promote a creation tale that predates the Talmud by over 1,000 years? The original (oldest) version of that story took place in the Indus Valley, not the "holy lands" of the middle east.

3.) Who is to say that the process used by "God" isn't exactly what Darwin and science has shared with us? Even the Vatican has encouraged a new theological review of Evolution based on this perspective.

4.) The bible is full of deliberate metaphor and "code" speak, who's to say that the whole Genesis tale doesn't fit that mold? (which a growing number of theologians tend to believe these days).

Sorry, but there is NOTHING about creationism that adds up. It is a very incomplete "primitive" look at what "was" for our ancestors who viewed it all through limited vision & understanding. It could be that "GOD"has allowed humankind to slowly gain the knowledge and ability to actually "see" how he did it -- gnosis! ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Edx » 06 Jul 2010, 07:48

I am not at all a Creationist, I just dont see why you make an total exception for Creationism but allow promotions of - it seems - every other mystical religious belief. Maybe you can explain what makes Creationism so different to anything else you have here? I saw Wu promoting David Icke stuff on the ZGM forums, I fail to see the difference.
Edx

Postby Craig Browning » 06 Jul 2010, 23:32

It seems that no one has found a reason to look at it, that's the only reason that comes to mind.

What is it about Creationism that has you so perplexed and interested in discussing it?
Craig Browning

Postby Edx » 07 Jul 2010, 00:11

I dont want to discuss it, it just seems strange to me that a forum/group of people that seem to promote every other form of "alternative" and fringe science has apparently nothing to say about Creationism or Intelligent Design even though they defend a lot of the same kinds of arguments made by them that others make. For example WInston promotes and defends 911 Conspiracies, yet no 911 truther has ever had a legitimate published article about the subject and they ave zero mainstream support. He will defend that claim, but presumably not Creationism that claims conspiracy for the same reason. Makes no sense to me.
Edx

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Jul 2010, 22:30

Hi Edx. I am a bit confoozled as to what point you are trying to make here. Yes, there is no Creationism topic here because no one has started one. Well... except for this one started by you where you state that you don't want to discuss it. I am sure that there are many different specific topics not discussed on this forum but it's not necessarily due to design or lack of interest.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Edx » 07 Jul 2010, 23:09

I'll try to be clearer.

I don't see why Winston promotes all other fringe claims but not Creationism and seems to have sub forms specifically for these fringe claims but not Creationism. I just find that rather interesting.
Edx

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Jul 2010, 23:16

NinjaPuppy

Postby Edx » 07 Jul 2010, 23:54

Well I gave an example of how Winston defends similar Creationist arguments simply because they are being made by people he agrees with, eg 911 Truthers. Yet when it comes to Creationism he arbitrarily decides that they are full of crap. I mean seriously how can someone endorse David Icke and not Intelligent Design?
Edx

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 01:31

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 08 Jul 2010, 01:42

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 01:45

Well now... um....alrighty then. Did a Wikipedia Google on David Icke and now on to something perhaps a bit more meaty. :shock:
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 01:48

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 08 Jul 2010, 02:09

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jul 2010, 02:31

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Suggestions / Feedback