[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Are most guests on Coast to Coast lying or delusional? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Are most guests on Coast to Coast lying or delusional?

Discuss General Topics.

Are most guests on Coast to Coast lying or delusional?

Postby Scepcop » 15 Aug 2013, 17:01

The other day, I heard a guest on Coast to Coast claim that when he was a kid, he was part of a secret government project involving time control. He went back in time and saw President Lincoln too, and pointed to an obscure photo from the 1860's and said that he was the boy in it. His stories were very elaborate.

Then when I listened to some of John Lear's interviews on Coast to Coast, he was saying the most outlandish things, and while doing so, he kept laughing and chuckling, as though he were trying to entertain everyone. He didn't sound serious. It was like he was getting off on saying the craziest things and wowing George Noory and Art Bell.

I'm getting suspicious. Are most of these guests lying and BSing? Or are they just delusional?

You would think that if someone was part of a secret government black op, they would be in fear of their lives if they were going public with it. After all, when you sign a confidentiality agreement and take an oath not to divulge classified info, that's very serious, not a joking matter. The consequences are very grave. It's a felony and breach of trust.

So if I were violating my oath to the government like that, I'd be very scared and reluctant. Yet these people seem overly eager to talk and get off on the attention. That's what I find odd and suspicious.

Why are there so many crackpots on Coast to Coast? And why does George Noory give them all the benefit of the doubt? It's like he is ZERO when it comes to critical thinking. And he makes a fool out of himself when he pretends to believe everything every crackpot says. He never even asks challenging questions, like Art Bell did.

Anyway, are most of these guests deliberately lying and making it all up? What is their motivation? Do they just get off on saying outlandish things? I don't get them. I'd feel guilty if I were lying to everyone like that.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Are most guests on Coast to Coast lying or delusional?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2013, 06:28

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Aug 2013, 06:29

BTW, Art Bell will be on SiriusXM radio: http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/art-bel ... aranormal/
NinjaPuppy

Postby Mr Natural » 11 Nov 2013, 14:48

Most of them are selling something, either a book or personal appearances or their website etc. Noory has talked about this many times, saying that he doesn't necessarily agree with guests..... But sometimes they are just so outlandish I can't listen to it, and Noory would do himself and his credibility a favor by questioning more instead of just going along, but he knows that many probably wouldn't come on the show if he did. I used to listen to Renses radio shows occasionally and he was/is a master at dealing with such guests, and would constantly prompt them about plugging their books or products. He knew why they were there and what it was really all about.
Mr Natural

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Nov 2013, 04:54

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Natural.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Mr Q » 27 Feb 2015, 04:52

Many years ago I used to listen to CtoC because most of the show topics made me think about some strange goings on in the world. But lately the show reeks of crackpots claiming outlandish theories as well as "teaching" its listeners the "truth" about anything that is questioned in the mainstream beliefs.

I used to enjoy the show but a few years ago I started to question the show's guests as to their honesty and more important, their personal gains - either for money or fame.

When Art Bell was running the show, lots of HAMs (amateur radio operators) talked to him on the SW bands and he never seemed to "push" his show to the people he talked to. I wondered why he was removed as the main host since he was doing so well with the show. He claims personal issues but I always wondered.

Like the saying goes, "follow the buck" seems to be the answer to all the nuts the show presently broadcasts to the public. It indeed has turned into a Jerry Springer format that cares more about listener ratings than discussing strange events/subjects. I now occasionally listen to the show when board but soon turn it off since almost all the guests are just not believable or seem sincere in the least.

Years ago the format was about 1/3 hour commercials but now close to 1/2 hour. A tiny issue I now have with the show is the famous thunder sound that used to echo into the distance but now the sound slows in speed at the end like someone stops an old tape with a finger. I bet no one cares today but I do. Its just one more reason to turn the show off.

Hummm...what about a skeptics show? No, it would be too intelligent to air to the general public :lol:
Mr Q

Postby ProfWag » 01 Mar 2015, 21:52

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Mar 2015, 05:51

I wouldn't exactly call 'Mythbusters' a skeptic show.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 02 Mar 2015, 09:57

ProfWag

Postby Mr Q » 03 Mar 2015, 00:11

Years ago, when I sometimes enjoyed some of the CtoC shows, such as "Mell's Hole", I listened with some interest, assuming the descriptions of the site were true. That's because the show did not make any (that I can remember) weird assumptions about its origin, such as aliens. Today, most shows that I have heard are about "mind" topics - the hardest topics to understand/believe or government conspiracies, which we may never get to know the truth behind them.

Last night there was a guest that uses psychic ability to help law enforcement agencies locate bodies to help solve some criminal cases. Several times she got excited and was nearing a mild rant. Luckily, I fell asleep after the first 1/2 hour ;) It amazes me that as time goes on and the show quality drops, its still on the air :roll:
Mr Q

Return to General Discussions