Discuss General Topics.
23 Jan 2014, 21:55
Hey check this out. That anti-military article I wrote in my blog a while ago caused quite a stir. There are 70 comments in it now. A lot of people serving in the military, and some veterans as well, posted angry comments in it. They spouted the typical drivel they were brainwashed with, such as "This article is an insult to those who served our country and fought to defend your freedoms and your right to post these things on the internet..." blah blah blah, which is illogical, nonsensical and false. I already explained in logical detail why joining the military is not serving your country and why it doesn't defend freedom at all. It couldn't be more clear. Yet they don't get it. Those who spout that are merely chanting a religion, not fact or logic.
It's like they are merely repeating a programmed loop in their head without really reading my article, which already debunks everything they said. Check out the comments, and feel free to participate and enlighten those who still don't get it.
20 Reasons Not to Join the Military: Why it's foolish, illogical and doesn't serve your country http://blog.happierabroad.com/2013/07/2 ... y-its.html
23 Jan 2014, 22:25
Some questions for you.
1. Why do you think joining the military is serving your country? You do know that it's not don't you? You are serving a cabal of sociopaths that run the major institutions and corporations in America who are very corrupt. You do know that don't you?
2. Do you think it's ok to kill innocent people just because your leader tells you to? Why would you want to do someone else's dirty work? If Bush and Cheney want a war, why don't you let them fight it and die in it themselves? Why do you want to be used by bad, corrupt, sociopathic people? Ever think about that?
3. Remember the Mai Lai massacres of Vietnam? What if you were there and your superior officer told you to shoot innocent unarmed women and children? Would you follow orders or protest and be court martialed?
4. You do know that military men are not defending our freedoms don't you? Let me elaborate.
First, there is no war in which American freedom was ever at stake, not even during the American Revolution, which only transferred power and control from a foreign source to a local one, and ended up being worse.
Second, there is no outside force that wants to take away your freedom. That is a manufactured myth and fiction that is concocted to give you a reason to fight. There is no boogeyman out there that wants to strip you of your freedom. No foreign army can occupy America. You do know that ruling elites lie all the time don't you? Even Plato said that lies to the mass public are a necessary part of the ruling elite's operations.
Third, what freedom? America does NOT have more freedom than other countries do. In fact, it has less freedom because it has the highest number of LAWS in the world. More laws = more limitations, and more limitations = LESS freedom. Simple logic. Don't you know that? Ask anyone from Mexico. They will tell you that Mexico has way MORE FREEDOM than America. The laws in Mexico are basic and simple, not excessive overkill like in America. America has tons and tons of rules and regulations, even for schoolkids. Also, no one from Europe or Australia thinks America is freer than their own countries are.
The whole "America is the freest country" is a pure MYTH created by the media. Very few people believe it literally. Most people aren't even that patriotic, they are only interested in profit and gain. The myth is not realistic or factual at all. There is no logical reason to believe America has more freedom than most other countries. Most countries are not a dictatorship. That's a myth. Every country has laws you have to follow or else be fined or jailed. How is that any different than in America? Think about it. In fact, America has MORE laws than any other nation on Earth, not less. Thus, the myth you were fed doesn't make logical sense and you know it. You are simply a moral authoritarian who believes that authority = truth and doesn't think for himself.
26 Jan 2014, 20:12
Scepcop, after calling me out personally to answer your questions, I did answer your post and spent a lot of my valuable time doing so. However, you have since logged in and didn't respond to my posts. As such, I will never answer any more of your posts. Either you man-up and discuss, especially when you realize you are wrong, or don't post at all.
11 Jun 2014, 12:03
Hey check this out.
When you go to Google and type "reasons not to join the military" my article with 20 reasons comes up at the very top. http://blog.happierabroad.com/2013/07/2 ... y-its.html
Here are some other hits that come up about reasons not to join the military. They are pretty good.
9 Reasons Not To Join the US Military http://wisesloth.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... -military/
One Excellent Reason Not to Join the Military: You May be Ordered to Kill Civilians http://www.couragetoresist.org/news/65- ... tary-.html
Oh and here is a shill webpage from the US military website about why you shouldn't join the military. It's full of BS. I can't believe they put that up there to try to use reverse psychology. http://www.military.com/join-armed-forc ... itary.html
11 Jun 2014, 12:04
Check this out. The media acknowledges that there is a suicide epidemic among veterans of the Iraq war. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... t-suicide/ http://www.stripes.com/news/special-rep ... e-military
And check out this suicide note from an Iraq veteran. It's very sad and moving. http://gawker.com/i-am-sorry-that-it-ha ... -534538357
12 Jun 2014, 20:12
I'm curious Winston, have you ever done anything meaningful or useful for the good of others or have you just decided that it's best to spend your days in front of a computer and writing rants about things you have no personal experience or knowledge about?
11 Jul 2014, 17:51
I had the same topic when I do my gradation, those day we use to take help from online services to get better result, But I use to free about fraud essay writing services, after that I had good knowledge about best services that resides in the academic writing industry.
Last edited by NinjaPuppy
on 12 Jul 2014, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL removed by Moderator
17 Sep 2014, 13:35
Some more anti-military articles.
How to convince your child not to go to war http://www.wikihow.com/Convince-Your-Ch ... -Go-to-War
Recruiting Lies vs. Military Reality http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com/id154.html
27 Feb 2015, 00:07
In your first post, you cited a statement by Einstein and I believe in it BUT the statement only is correct IF all the world adheres to it. Unfortunately, the many peoples and cultures of the world we live in are very diverse. This makes the statement all but useless in practical terms.
Your comments are very emotional and I do agree with your logic but logic alone does not run the world's inhabitants behavior alone. There is the emotional side that keep the world from total peace. The utopia Einstein speaks of can not exist because we humans are in essence just smart animals and being animals, we are constantly at war over food, resources, etc. Its the competition between animals to survive that prolongs our human desires.
Sometimes those who are willing to loose life or limb feel this need to make the world a peaceful one but the goal is never achieved. We will always have wars as we will always have people who will give up their lives to stop them. Its just human nature that causes such emotional conflict in the world - not insanity. Some of us do what we feel is right to save the world while others do the opposite to achieve the same goal That's "life" and we are stuck with it, whether we want to be or not.
On an emotional opinion, it make me sick the way our veterans are treated and cared for after their service by our government. That's what amazes me with so many new recruits joining - it does seem like insanity but we all have to do what we feel is right for our country's future.
06 Mar 2015, 13:52
That's why in some countries it's mandatory. They're worried that people would get worried and wonder why they should join the military and get killed in a war.
10 Jun 2017, 17:01
I agree that its foolish for the individual to join the military.
But I can also think uv reazonz why sumwun woud want to and why a country needz to hav a standing army.
1. You like action and everything that goez with it - violens, power, speed, gore, adrenelin. Aside from becoming a drug lord or other type uv criminal, you cant find much uv any uv that in any other profession.
2. Wut else are you going to do with your puny existens? Joining the military wile there are warz going on iz a good way to ad sum interesting storyz to your rezume. So you risk deth or worse, having storyz to tell the grand kidz on Thanksgiving mite at that time uv your life seem worth the missing leg. How many millionz uv geezerz got nuthin to say after (for exampl) a safe career in accounting at MediumBigCorp International?
3. Strong sens uv sivic duty and a dezire to start a political career to fix the illz uv your nation. Nothing like military service to start a viable rezumey.
4. You are a sykopath who wants a chans to kill, torture, maim & mangle.
Why a nation needz a military:
1. There really are bad guyz in the world! Shocking suprize - sum uv them own countryz!
2. Countryz often hav lijit disputes in wich they are both rite frum their perspectivz. If wun uv them duz not hav a credibl defens fors, the temptation for the other to solv the dispute by taking over can be too great.
3. Alien invasion (from spase). Seriously, its odd that it haznt happened yet. At least that we know uv. Even if you argue that the invaderz will hav overwelming weponz, at least we coud put up sum sort uv fite.
The United States, being the top dog, haz a natural requirement to maintain and occasionally demonstrate its superior power. Deterrens iz a great way to keep the pease.
21 Jun 2017, 14:53
If you love something you can die for it. No matter what or who it is: wife, child, mother or country. But it's stupid to die for soldier's pay.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.