[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
What are you reading now? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What are you reading now?

Discuss General Topics.

What are you reading now?

Postby Misha » 21 Jan 2013, 06:10

What are you reading now? I just finished reading "Hiroshima In America" by Lifton and Mitchell. Excellent read about the moral, spiritual and technological implications of using the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I am currently reading "Betrayed" by Joseph D. Douglass, JR. This book deals with how the Communists since WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War and the Cold War captured American prisoners and used them for medical experiments in furtherance of studying radiological and mind control drugs.

I would very much like to know what you guys are reading at the moment.
Misha

Re: What are you reading now?

Postby Arouet » 21 Jan 2013, 11:40

I just bought an ereader that I'm quite excited about because I think its going to rekindle (no pun intended, its not a kindle!) my love for reading. I used to be a voracious reader but in recent years have not really done much. Going electronic is the way for me.

Right now I'm reading a therapeutic meditation book which is the book behind an 8 week therapeutic meditation course that I'm taking.

I just downloaded Steve Volk's Fringeology - which I haven't started yet but plan to shortly.

I'm also reading Getting Things Done by David Allen which is basically an time management organizational guide.
Arouet

Postby Misha » 21 Jan 2013, 12:38

Thanks for responding, Arouet. Do you read print at all? By this I mean books? What is the last book you have read? I would lke to hear from ProWag, NinjaPuppy, Really, Secpcop and SydneyPsider.
Misha

Postby Arouet » 21 Jan 2013, 13:12

Last book I read physically for pleasure was the Steve Jobs biography I think.
Arouet

Postby Misha » 21 Jan 2013, 13:41

Misha

Postby Arouet » 22 Jan 2013, 03:47

Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Jan 2013, 04:23

NinjaPuppy

Postby Misha » 22 Jan 2013, 04:54

Thanks Arouet and NinjaPuppy.
Misha

Postby SydneyPSIder » 23 Jan 2013, 19:14

I'm reading this page right now!

I've noticed I read very few books from beginning to end these days, I used to read more. There are lots of reasons for this, but one is that I have become increassingly involved in politics and political advising and tend to have to keep up with current events and snippets and short-attention span stuff to keep abreast of the issues. There are other reasons such as that the internet provides a lot of useful bite-sized pieces of information. I would almost have to say I am reading wikipedia! Despite questions over its accuracy in the case of some entries, I like reading the history entries, both modern and ancient. I also did degree studies in psychology, sociology and anthropology a while back, along with evolutionary psychobiology etc, and in many ways it's therefore 'the end of history' and there is nothing more to read!
SydneyPSIder

Postby Misha » 24 Jan 2013, 02:11

Misha

Postby Arouet » 24 Jan 2013, 08:16

Who are you advising Syd? (don't need to say specifically, just the type would be fine!)
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 25 Jan 2013, 00:34

By the way, if I didn't mention it already, I am absolutely LOVING my new Kobo Glo Ereader. The page turning is responsive, you have some customization of how wide the swipe area is. The light works great is adjustable and very pleasing to the eyes. It is very easy to purchase books or to move your own epub books onto it. All in all a very nice reading experience.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Jan 2013, 01:11

NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 25 Jan 2013, 04:41

SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 25 Jan 2013, 10:06

Arouet

Next

Return to General Discussions