[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Demonstration Readings : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Demonstration Readings

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Demonstration Readings

Postby WhiteTiger » 12 Oct 2009, 10:02

This is just what the title says: an offer of "sample" readings with the sole purpose of providing a reference example for the curious, undecided or sceptical (note spelling) to provide a basis for making up their own minds whether or not there may be anything valid in divination.

I do not care what you may decide about it, keep it to yourself, good or bad. This is not a thread to yammer about tarot, it's a demonstration thread only. If you get a reading you wish to discuss or comment on, please do it in PM or start your own discussion thread.

There are a few things you should know up front: I'm a surly, gumpy old fart and not the typical love-n-light sort who does divination. I'm not doing this to become your therapist or part of your emotional support network, so don't ask questions you can't stand to hear a bad answer to; I pass on exactly what I "get" from the cards and assume the querant is adult enough to hear what they asked for. Also, don't expect me to answer endless "advice" questions from the same poster, that isn't what this thread is for. I don't mind offering repeat examples to allow checking for consistency, but I'm not here to hold anyone's hand.

Since this is a demo thread, there are some rules:

1- I don't do what are commonly called "life readings" or "general readings" so don't bother asking things like "what do the cards say for me". The answers to those sorts of questions are far too open to cold reading and psychological/emotional manipulation to be valid examples. I work only on specific questions about specific concerns.

2- don't give me the sob story behind the question, or explain any context or background.

3- take the time to boil it down to the raw question before posting. Don't ask "will my business venture with my brother in law succeed", ask "will it work?" or something similar. If you give context or "leaked" background while asking the question I won't answer because it is too open to cold reading and psychological trickery.

4- don't bother asking the standard Randiite questions of the "how much change is in my pocket?" or "what are the lotto numbers" sort. i will ignore and refuse to answer those just as I will questions that give too much context or information.

5- I am not camped on this forum, and I am not always "on" with the cards. While I will reply as soon as reasonably possible don't count on it being immediate. If I am having a spell where both decks are consistently "cold" I'll note it in this thread.

6- if your question goes unreplied to, refer to these guideleiines and figure out why, don't whine to me about it.

As you can see I was serious when I said I'm not the typical psychic fair love-n-lighter. If after all of that anyone is curious or interested, feel free to post your question that conforms to the guidelines and I'll see if either of my decks "want" to respond.

Tiger
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever
WhiteTiger

Re: Demonstration Readings

Postby ciscop » 12 Oct 2009, 13:15

should i do something i am afraid of?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby WhiteTiger » 12 Oct 2009, 14:13

ciscop: I use two decks, the Medicine Card deck and the Native American Tarot (not a traditional NA tool. No NA peoples have ever in their traditions used cards. These just make use of NA imagery).

For your question the NA deck "wanted" to reply, and produced one card only. Card is the Matriarch of Blades, presented contrary (reversed). The essence of the reply is a clear and unambiguous no, since in the contrary position Matriarch specifically cautions against the folly of rash or risky action. From the subtler "messages" the card speaks to me in this case, the matter seems to involve actual risk of some sort rather than being just an aversion scenario. I get no specific indication of the nature of the risk, sorry.

Since this is the first question for this thread, I'll take the opportunity to describe how I handle the cards, which is pretty unconventional. After randomising the deck I fan the cards face down in one hand then run the fingers of the other hand across the unseen faces of the cards; those that "want out" have a distinctly different feel and are pulled and laid face down. I then re-scan the deck, reverse it and scan yet again to see if any more cards are responsive.

Once no more cards are active I turn over those pulled in the order and orientation they came out of the deck, and let them "speak to me". Mostly what the cards "say" has little or nothing to do with their book meanings. Very rarely will the same card even have the same meaning in two different appearances.

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby ciscop » 12 Oct 2009, 14:33

thanks whitetiger!
:-D
i wasnt going to do it anyway
and since you already answer i can tell you

i am a mentalist and i am booked to perform at a horrorfest
i heard about another guy that was going to do a fakir act which includes sticking a nail into his nose and walking on glass
so i thought i should add something horryfing to my act
but since it is next week and i do have a day job
it was quite sudden to add something i havent even try it before nor practice it
in this case: Psychic Surgery.. and i already chicken out before your answer (a definetly NO)
so being fair about it, i will give you a hit :-p
well done

since i am a skeptic i should add it was a 50-50 chance (yes, no)
but you nail it :)
and i also enjoyed your explanation on how you chosed that card
thats the kind of things why i am on this forum, i like to pick up on paranormalist procedures to add it to my act.
thanks for your post, was quite enjoyable.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby WhiteTiger » 25 Oct 2009, 23:24

This is rather interesting. Free samples on offer and one taker in two weeks?

I didn't expect much if any response from the typical fluffy bunny crowd after making it clear I don't cater to that sort of expectation, but I had thought that more than one of the skeptic and hard nosed pragmatist crowds would have had a go at it. Kudos to you ciscop for being willing to poke a toe in the waters at least.

Have I over estimated the quality of this audience and the majority are in fact willing to draw conclusions from a single datum?

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby ProfWag » 28 Oct 2009, 05:07

ProfWag

Postby WhiteTiger » 28 Oct 2009, 22:05

Yes, the way I work requires that a direct question on a specific subject be asked. To put it as simply as I am able without getting bound up in objectionable (to me as well) woo-woo jargon, the question constitutes my permission to "look", as well as defining the limits of what I am allowed permission to "look at".

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby ProfWag » 29 Oct 2009, 00:18

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 29 Oct 2009, 00:34

interesting

good luck in whatever you do
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 29 Oct 2009, 01:48

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 29 Oct 2009, 01:59

well
i am not doing the readings
but i think you gave too much information
i think he was only looking for vague questions

so im not sure if those questions fit his requisits

oh.. and mexico is gonna win the word cup...
... yeah right... :cry:
ciscop

Postby WhiteTiger » 29 Oct 2009, 05:46

The question topics are fine, no problem with that aspect at all. The wording leaves them useless for the purposes of this demonstration thread though. Ask ciscop, you've provided so much information with each question that any stage mentalist could cold read them without even stopping to think about it.

My intent here is to provide what I believe to be legitimate "samples" that the querant can assess for him/her self. Since there is no way to answer your questions as posed that is not wide open to claims of "cold reading", any answer I give would be useless as a sample datum.

As an example, the first question would have worked as "should I take the time" (without the "off"). That can be read as having any of several meanings, so is not a directly leading or directly informative format.

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby ProfWag » 04 Nov 2009, 06:52

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 04 Nov 2009, 15:07

yes
even if you stop being a professor you should keep the tweed jacket you are wearing

men's cloathing is forever wearable
(except the underwear of course)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 04 Nov 2009, 19:37

ProfWag

Return to Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions