[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Conan the Cimmerian : Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Conan the Cimmerian

Discuss Ancient Mysteries and Places - Atlantis, The Pyramids, Stonehenge, etc. Also Forbidden Archaeology.

Conan the Cimmerian

Postby Raistlin » 14 Dec 2009, 20:05

I grew up facinated by the fantasy world of Conan. So, when I started researching ancient history and he came up again I was chuffed. As I understand it and you can check the link below, during the Babylonian captivity, 22,000 hebrews were taken to Babylon as slaves and it was during this time that the Old Testament was composed in Aramaic rather than hebrew (I may be wrong but thats what I read). The majority of the 22,000 were of the Tribe of Judah as they were perceived as the biggest threat. However, estimates as to how many Israelites were not taken range from 2 to 7 million. That is a whole heap of people to be running around. These were the other ten tribes of Israel and were displaced to the Caucas region.

Due to the war like nature of the Assyrians the ten tribes dispersed and took up lives as nomads. The Assyrians called the Israelites Khumri after their native dialect and the Greek derivative was the Cimmerians. This was the Tribe that Conan was a member of in the fantasy tales rather than the Sumerians.
Anyway the tribes that migrated were given different names such as the Sakka, after Issac and may have ended up as the Saxons. some of the Cimmerians became known as Gommorians and they are believed to have settle Germany. It's a complex history that lasted a long time but it is likely that what was left of the Khumri ended up in Wales giving Wales the name Cymri in its native tongue.

There are a couple of strange things about Wales particularly the way culture has survived. They held out against the Romans, Medians and Saxons never being conquered fully. Also, Welsh myths are very strong, strange for such a small country. See Mabinogion although Arthur and Merlin are the most well known.

Wales along with Ireland and Scotland is the home of the mysterious Druids. No one knows for sure how far they go back as they left no records. All their teachings were taught orally, they had knowledge of astronomy, maths but concentrated their study to nature and in particular trees. There are many coded references in the old testament to trees. Oak was sacred to the Druids for sure but even more so was the YEW almost identical to the word JEW is it not?

The final and most interesting mystery however is Ogham. A language made up of notches on sticks or on stones. It may go as far back as the tower of Babel but strangely it has been found in the new world. Check out Ogham and America and see what comes up. If there is evidence how can celtic druids in America be explained.

To bring it back to Conan, are we to think that Hyborea is the same as the mythical Hyperborea?
Raistlin

Re: Conan the Cimmerian

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 21:25

You've provided a long statement here of many issues. The links did not mention Conan which is in the title.

In this statement you have 2 to 7 million people. This is the size of Egypt at the time, the world's great power.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 21:35

Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 22:15

Hey ND - Don't go harshin' this guy's mellow. I happen to like druids.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 22:22

Not to mention, the link is very interesting. However, it's going to take me some time to get through it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 22:42

I'm interested in learning more here. It's just that the title of the thread names Conan, but the links do not.

I find it interesting that at some point in time people figured out it was more profitable to enslave and demand tribute than it was to wipe out 100% of the other side. This is a switch in thinking. It was mentioned that 22K were enslaved, but the remaining population estimates seem a bit large - larger than the dominant power of the times.

Any idea how these groups are tracked? The described diaspora places people all over Europe. How do you track the movements of nomads? Is it language, genetics, written or oral history, or what?
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 22:55

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 23:10

I had never heard of Ogham before. Fascinating. Read the wiki article on it. Can't say that the claims by Graves seem to hold much weight with me. The claims of Ogham in the Americas is beyond tenuous. In one video I saw there are supposed to be 3 letters that translate to the word 'sun'. Notice that I searched to find out that they were not saying 'son' in the video. Is that it? The video does not provide evidence of the antiquity of the marks, nor any real message. This is beyond weak.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 14 Dec 2009, 23:13

I think Ramses II is the first imperialist when he decided to enslave rather than kill.

The size of a population can be inferred from a number of means including the size of the farmed area, the size of the housing, etc.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Dec 2009, 23:17

NinjaPuppy

Postby Raistlin » 16 Dec 2009, 18:06

Firstly, sorry if it didn't relate enough to Conan for you. It was just meant as a starting point to link the Lost Ten tribes of Israel with the Cimmerians and eventually Celts. However, thinking more about Conan, there are a few more strange things. He lived in a northern village (north of Israel perhaps)and was enslaved by followers of magic users. Who are they? Not sure maybe Chaldeans but their symbols are black Sun, black moon. Most significant is the prominence of Snakes being used which may link it with Satan, Enki or some as yet unknow serpent deity or cult. Furthermore, He worshipped Crom? Who does this refer to I ask you all? Answers on a post card.

Finally, the Ogham stuff is a bit hard to get your head around at first but the more you dig the more mysterious it gets. Keep searching.
Raistlin

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Dec 2009, 13:04

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Dec 2009, 13:06

The old world Ogham information is understandable. The new world claims are wistful at best.
Nostradamus

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 31 Jul 2010, 05:16

Um?

Conan later, maybe, although I love the image of Arnold getting circumcized for the movie.

Um??

I am so glad you didn't mention Anglo-Isreal. It scares me. Everyone I've met who believes it is a member of Xian Identity and thinks Hitler was the Second Coming, except for one Blakean (myself, and it is just a myth my poet believes)

Still, it was interesting, especially the possibility of a second Babylonian diaspora to the north. I'll wait for genetic evidence, and then I will doubt the conclusions, whatever they are, because of the possibility of political agendas influencing the results.

Please note the existence of the Falasha and the other Isrealite tribe of Ethiopia, which are pre-Diaspora, the Farsi of Afghanistan of all places ( we wage war on Jews ) who are genetically confirmed to be descended from, as they say, Jewish mercenaries in the service of one the Iranian dynasties, and the Lembe, descended from the Jews expelled from the kingdom of Yemen before Mohammed, and of course the Palestinians ( we wage war on Jews)

Ummm???

Okay, I do believe in Cthulu, so you can believe in Conan the Jew. I dig the Druids, but I do not find non-Viking accounts of pre-Columbian contact probable, although they are hypothetically plausible.

We need two threads, one for lost tribes, one for pre-columbian contacts. Anyone read “1432: The year the (Ming) discovered America”?
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Return to Ancient Mysteries and Places / Forbidden Archaeology