[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
How Does One Know He/She Has Had a True PSI Experience? : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

How Does One Know He/She Has Had a True PSI Experience?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

How Does One Know He/She Has Had a True PSI Experience?

Postby Mr Q » 26 Feb 2015, 00:44

In other words, what should convince you that what you experienced was real and actually took place rather than just imagining it did? Of course this assumes no chemical (alcohol/drugs) were present at the time. Is there any official (or unofficial) guidelines to follow in trying to prove (to yourself and others) that your experience was real and not just your imagination?

I have had a few of these psi experiences but have always doubted whether it was just my imagination or a reality event.
Mr Q

Re: How Does One Know He/She Has Had a True PSI Experience?

Postby ProfWag » 02 Mar 2015, 04:25

ProfWag

Re: How Does One Know He/She Has Had a True PSI Experience?

Postby Mr Q » 03 Mar 2015, 01:02

Many years ago I had a weird night time experience that at first mystified me and being a skeptic, I not only questioned the event, I was able to explain it later.

I was at a local conservation area that has several ponds and open fields that was once a large farm. One night while just finishing a refreshing swim at one pond during a hot summer night, I saw a lot of moving blue-white lights above a field of tall grass some several hundred feet distant. They were too bright and too distant to be fireflies. I walked to the field and the lights grew scarcer the closer I got but I was able to see that the moving lights were actually small birds as they flew over the grass and were silhouetted against the brighter moonless sky . From the activity of the lights, it appeared that these birds were feeding on insects in the grass. But how/why were these birds emitting such light?

A week later, while walking along a service dirt road through the area at night (one thing I'm NOT afraid of is the dark and find it very relaxing) and off to the side of the road I could see something glowing on a path to a sitting site next to the road. Upon approaching the bright glow (no moon out), I discovered the glow was a luminescent type of fungi growing all over an old half rotted tree log. Looking at it with a flashlight, I saw lots of insects also on/around the log.

So I put my observations together and assumed the original lights above the tall grass were birds eating insects while their feathers were smudged with the glowing material from the luminescent log fungi (I have since seen many of these rotting logs covered with the glowing fungi) they also rubbed against while eating the log insects. I put some glowing fungi on my flashlight and it remained bright for over an hour. Did my original experience have a logical solution or (without my investigation) just one more unsolved sighting of lights at night? Without my skeptic mindset, I would have never found out the simple answer to my mystery lights over a field of tall grass. :)
Mr Q

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences