[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Skeptics allowed, but no ridiculing or scoffing : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Skeptics allowed, but no ridiculing or scoffing

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Skeptics allowed, but no ridiculing or scoffing

Postby Scepcop » 30 Jul 2009, 21:34

This is supposed to be a board where people can share their psychic or paranormal experiences in a supportive empathetic environment without skeptical criticism. So that means no skeptics allowed on this board.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: No Skeptics allowed on this board!

Postby kungfuscience » 23 Aug 2009, 22:43

I'm a skeptic. I once saw a UFO. How do you stand with that?

I'm happy to tell the tale, but am I not allowed to bring my logic and reasoning to other people's arguments?

Kung Fu
kungfuscience

Postby brett » 24 Aug 2009, 02:52

just tell the tale - let each judge its merit as sees fit - you will note that skeptics have asked questions - i guess we are pretty relaxed about this rule - just keep it civil ( which is all we ask here ) - please - we would be most interested in your experiences :D
brett

Postby Scepcop » 27 Aug 2009, 12:34

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby kungfuscience » 28 Aug 2009, 00:41

What does "discredit" mean?

Is it to say we can't offer our own hypothesis about what happened?

Am glad we can ask questions. Without questions, how can we learn?
kungfuscience

Postby Scepcop » 28 Aug 2009, 13:43

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 05 Dec 2009, 17:58

Shouldn't we be more strict about this rule? Shouldn't there be a board for people to post without skeptic ridicule? After all, who wants to tell their deeply personal stories if they KNOW that skeptics are just going to scoff at it?!

And if the skeptics can't respect such rules, it definitely says a lot about them, their motives and character, does it not?

These are all valid questions.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2009, 19:53

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Dec 2009, 21:11

Yes! Besides, how are we going to convert them to "ONE OF US" if they can't read over here???

OK, so that was a joke but I think they have all been very respectful on this particular topic. I'd like to see what other believers have to say about this as well. Particularly any 'lurkers' who don't post. Perhaps it's why they don't post. Let us know your thoughts. I'd be glad to take all comments via PM as well if lurkers don't feel comfortable with posting publicly.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2009, 04:43

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 06 Dec 2009, 19:29

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 06 Dec 2009, 20:07

I have an honest question here. If the rules state that no skeptical analysis is allowed in this thread, I can accept that and again, will try to abide by the rule. However, if someone experiences something paranormal that has deeply affected them, often times negatively, what is wrong with suggesting a possible alternate explanation that could potentially help them overcome their fear or negativity? Shouldn't people have a right to know that there could possibly be a rational explanation for something?
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 07 Dec 2009, 23:14

Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Skeptics allowed, but no ridiculing or scoffing

Postby ProfWag » 07 Dec 2009, 23:21

Thanks Scepcop. I appreciate that post.
ProfWag

Re: Skeptics allowed, but no ridiculing or scoffing

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 30 Jul 2010, 00:33

This is a joke, but it is one that has been going on for thirty years.
When I was twenty, i decided to conduct an experiment to see to what extent "Beliefs" especially in what I "knew" to be "Untrue" could affect my perceptions. I decided to believe I had an invisible pet black hole named Glory.
I began to perceive her manifestations soon enough. I would see lost items appear before my eyes when I asked her to give them back. I managed to persuade several people this was true. Two of them later became Krishnas, so go figure.
My ex-wife, a lying, deluded Xian b---h, did not need to be persuaded. She "knew" at once that Glory was a demon. She scared Glory, who hid until she left.
At this point, to piss off Carl Sagan I decided to perceive Glory as an invisible, incorporal dragon. When that worked, I turned her into Mia Farrow from The Last Unicorn.
One other person attests to Glory. He has also been abducted by a ufo, though he doesn't like to think about it, being a skeptic.
Recently, (a joke that is no joke), I turned her into the invisible flying spaghetti monster, just to fill out my polytheistic experience of Gods I have knowledge of
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Next

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences