[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Can God love or have a moral sense? : Religion / Theology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Can God love or have a moral sense?

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Postby Greatest I am » 11 Jul 2013, 22:06

Scriptures tell us that God is the bench mark for morality and love. I think it a foolish saying but many say that God is love. They also say that faith without works and deeds is dead. St James. In that description I include love. Love, without works, deeds and displays of some kind, is dead.

Morality is something that creatures will only develop if living in groups. The same could be said of love. There is no need for morality, good ethics or love if one is alone the way God was for untold millennia before creating anything.

He therefore had no need of morality or love and could not have had them or have any need or desire for them. An Omni-God has no wants or needs.

Morality in that sense is like love and faith. All of these need works and deeds or some form of display, ---- or as scriptures say, ---- they are dead.

God is not doing works and deeds and not showing his so called love of mankind in any knowable way and it would thus be incorrect to say that God is our moral bench mark or that God loves us or anyone else at all.

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double set of moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian God does. Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man. Christians give a free pass for evil to their God. Somewhat in the same way that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil by letting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quite the judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God is praised for such evil by his followers.

God does not seem to do works, deeds or other forms of display.

Can God have a moral sense and can he love without ever having to show it?

Are God’s morals and love dead?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Can God love or have a moral sense?

Postby Craig Browning » 12 Sep 2013, 23:14

First of all, you are being very limited in your purview of "God", taking most of what you understand from the Judeo-Christian-Islam based mythos (a.k.a. Abrahamic Traditions) vs. the greater concept of deity as viewed by the world. . . believe it or not there are many other religions on this planet, most of which are far older than the Abrahamic faiths (which tend to be based on an amalgamation of "borrowed" wisdom tales taken from other nations, peoples, and traditions vs. "original" and "exclusive" to them as is so frequently claimed).

As intimated in a previous reply to your posts "God" is arguably, an invention of human beings, not the other way around. But, if we were to assume that god existed before us, which one are we looking at. . . and I'm speaking of the Abrahamic traditions in that you have several different deities named in the early books of the Old Testament, inference of plurality as well as a Heavenly Mother (Sophia). There is likewise a stark difference between the Lord God and the Father Creator as well as the "lesser beings" that make up the "Heavenly Hosts" . . . we must include the clarity in the fact that Angels were their own race, not something one becomes upon death and getting into the golden city . . . Angels coveted man and according to some, loathed humankind because we had freedom of will, unlike them. . . but that's another issue altogether.

The Gnostic Gospels as well as the Koran and many of the "lost" teachings allied with the Old Testament suggest that the God ultimately embraced by Israel & Moses was a bastard child of Sophia, Yaltoboath Yahweh. This "child" was an arrogant individual that was infuriated by the idea that there were other gods in heaven and that his little experiment (a.k.a. the whole Genesis tale) was viewed as an aberration by much of the heavenly host. . . then again, to learn of this child's plight is very much akin to reading the tale of a certain Archangel named Lucifer. . . the similarities in the two cannot be ignored by anyone believing themselves "enlightened".

Ancient Judaism also points out that there are two chief creation tales in the biblical canon and then there is the higher truth of creation that was retained by the scribes (those that wrote the Plenitude for the library @ Alexandria) in which the "hermaphrodite" form of deity, the Elohim, was the heavenly parent; an idea that is nearly universal and certainly in standing with some of the oldest creation myths found in the Holy Lands (including India)

Are you keeping up with me?

I certainly hope so in that we are now faced with my first question, "which" of all these faces of God, are you speaking of when it comes to the "need" for morality and "servitude"?

The one and only deity of all those listed that meets this "need" is the one most driven by his ego, Yahweh. The other deities believed in free will and self-discovery, not rule with commandments let alone the option of bliss or death . . . they supported evolution of the soul vs. the one way ticket to life or damnation.

These "Elder Gods" would send messengers and arbitrators (for lack of a better description) from time to time so as to convey the higher truth, but the carnal forces ruled over by Yahweh would obfuscate these teachings, traditionally making them look as being "wrong" and the path to "evil" vs. life and realization. Yahweh needed his creations to be dependent on him and loyal to him exclusively. You will not find many gods, especially in the confines of the Abrahamic faiths, that are as insecure as he.
Craig Browning

Postby Greatest I am » 13 Sep 2013, 19:46

I am not surprised that you would not like what I wrote. You have a decent thinking mind.

I do not like to have to write what I wrote.

I take a literal view when putting an O P together because my targets are literalists. I am a rather militant poster who did not learn how to hate until I found a worthy target and that target is the genocidal son murderer that Christians adore.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClU ... playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXr ... re=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493

Death to Gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_B ... re=related

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

If I read you right, you have the right heart and mind set but likely do not have an assertive or aggressive attitude as I do.
I see that as a shame because people with less passion like you would likely do better than people like me.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Postby twinkle45 » 31 Oct 2014, 14:50

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double set of moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian God does. Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn in man. Christians give a free pass for evil to their God. Somewhat in the same way that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil by letting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quite the judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God is praised for such evil by his followers.
twinkle45

Postby Greatest I am » 31 Oct 2014, 21:19

Greatest I am

Return to Religion / Theology