[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Cryptozoology Museum : Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Cryptozoology Museum

Discussions about Unexplained Creatures and Cryptozoology. E.g. Bigfoot, The Lochness Monster, The Jersey Devil, etc.

Cryptozoology Museum

Postby ProfWag » 09 Dec 2009, 22:51

It appears the Cryptozoology Museum in Portland Maine is open for business. I was just browsing their website, http://www.cryptozoologymuseum.com, and came across a picture of a replica of a large hairy beast of a creature with the following caption:

"The centerpiece of the collection is the once elusive eight feet tall, 400-pound "Crookston Bigfoot," created by Wisconsin artist Curtis Christensen, which was permanently added to the collection of the International Cryptozoology Museum in 2004. "

What do you think they mean by the words: "once elusive?" Sounds to me that they either mean they have found it. Any other ideas before I write them?
ProfWag

Re: Cryptozoology Museum

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Dec 2009, 23:00

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 09 Dec 2009, 23:14

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 00:22

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 02:45

Just kidding you NinjaPuppy. I wouldn't tease you if I didn't like you!
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Dec 2009, 02:52

I think elusive is used with wishful thinking in mind.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 03:49

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 03:52

BTW, that other topic about 'coincidence' or syncrochity or whatever that was....

Would you believe that last night I was asked by another person if I was at the last supper? Talk about a coinkydink. Then today I saw 11:11 somewhere. Geesh, I gotta stop hanging out with you guys.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 03:53

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 03:54

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 03:57

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 04:01

ProfWag

Postby The Warrigal » 10 Dec 2009, 04:28

During the 19th and early 20th centuries, many a clever taxidemist was able to trick not only wealthy collectors, but even museums into buying "specimens" of non-existent animals.

(eg. P.T.Barnums famous "mermaid)."

This practice was once so widespread that when Australian zoololgists of the Victorian era sent back the first stuffed specimen of a duck-billed platypus to Britain, they received a curt telegram from scientists at The Royal Society of Zoology telling them that their "joke" was most unappreciated!

Well, platypus are so damnably rare that few Aussies have seen one outside of a zoo. - (And sometimes not even there)!

So them Brit scientists could be forgiven for thinking that us colonial larrakins were having a lend of them!

It would take a braver man than I to say what rare animals may, or may not, exist on land or in the deep oceans.
The Warrigal

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2009, 04:55

Very true Warrigal. I have no idea what kind of things are out there that we haven't discovered. All I know for certain is that the Crypto Museum said that Bigfoot was "once elusive." That tells me they found one and I've been searching for him for 3 decades and I want to see the real thing!
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Dec 2009, 06:48

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Unexplained Creatures / Cryptozoology